Friday, July 9, 2010

Farewell school

Farewell San Francisco State


















and Burk Hall


Farewell room 149, where all of my classes save one were. 

















 
And farewell to the long hallway where I first learned to travel under blindfold. The echoes were deafening.



















Farewell stairs













                                                 



and stairs (we spent HOURS on these, learning to go up and down with our blindfolds and canes)





















And farewell to some of my favorite things on campus, like the bird bath in the redwood grove, which is my favorite place to relax on campus.  Cheerio, birds.


 Farewell to the little log house someone in the art department made and then set under a tree in that grove (makes me think of the little houses I used to build when I was a child for the fairies)

Farewell Japanese fountain. The sound of that rushing water was so beautiful




















And farewell to the best Latte on campus (seriously. not the best latte in the City, but definitely the best at SFSU.

                                   



















Yes, I know, I'm not finished with school yet, but I am finished with my classes, which means my trips to SFSU will be infrequent. No more weekly treks to San Fran for my three hour classes with seven hours of homework, or my all day Saturday class. Now comes my internship, which is a whole new challenge. I think I'm ready.

3 comments:

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

Awww. Goodbyes are hard. But what an exciting new chapter you're beginning! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

The research course is over! Congrats on this next transition!

Barbara

Terri said...

Congratulations...