Monday, July 13, 2009

Home!

All done with Summer semester and I can now unpack my suitcase and put it away in the back of the closet for a few weeks. I have six weeks to enjoy a little bit of sanity in my own home. There are books begging to be read, movies longing to be watched, a yard yearning for my touch, a dog eager for a walk, and a hubby and daughter who can't seem to get enough of me.

They are driving me crazy.

I know, I know, they missed me. I just wish I could have a few days to declutter my brain and dust off my desk before I have to form complete sentences. Because right now I need to hole up in my bedroom and not communicate for a few days. I am burnt out.

Alas, the phone keeps ringing, the bills keep coming, the weeds keep growing and the child must be fed. I hadn't even unpacked my suitcase when I had to deal with a paperwork problem and make decisions about a type of service for Queen Teen.

I love my family. I really do. I am immensely happy to have both of them in my life and I wouldn't give them up for any amount or stretch of sanity. And it really isn't them; it's the rest of life. I would have plenty of time for my husband and child if the stupid phone wouldn't ring and the laundry did itself.

I guess I could take the phone off the hook, but what can I do about the laundry?

1 comment:

Mother of Chaos said...

Laundry is like the earth and sky. You can fling yourself against it night and day, yet lo! It remains unchanged...

Eh, I talk a good story, but I can't ignore it either. Especially when I'm down to my last pair of underwear and trying to convince myself that the stains on my jeans aren't THAT noticeable...