Sunday, January 30, 2011

Last Week of my Internship!!!!!!

Only 11 more hours of interning to fulfill the requirements for my certification and credential in Orientation and Mobility. 11 more hours...

... and I have the flu.

Yep, I'm in the home stretch and I have a fever, sore throat and runny nose. I ache and sneeze and wish I could sleep for the next 48 hours (at a minimum. more would probably be good).

Queen Teen came down with it last Sunday and missed an entire week of school. And of course it was the same week Rick started a big project for one of his computer clients which didn't go as smoothly as it should have. That meant I missed two days last week, but I was grateful for the time he squeezed in to stay home so I could get a few hours of work in. He was planning to go to MacWorld with me, but instead I went alone while he stayed home with our sick girl. By Saturday, Queen Teen was pretty much back to her smiling, cheerful, energetic self. By Saturday, I had a fever.

It always happens like this. She gets sick, I take care of her, then just as she starts to get better I catch it. Not as bad as she, but still sick. It would be a lot more convenient if we had it together, but I suppose catching it in stages means I don't have to get up to wipe her snotty nose when I feel like ass.

So tomorrow, which should be my last Fort Bragg trip with Laura where I teach my final cane lesson to my high school student, I'll stay home and watch movies until Queen Teen comes home from school. Then I'll PRAY that I'm well enough to go back to work on Tuesday. 11 more hours. That's all I need. Two more days and then I'm done!!!!!!

Everyone, send me strong healing energy. I must get healthy fast!!!!

1 comment:

David said...

Warmest wishes coming your way from beautiful Daly City!