Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Why does being away for two days create five days of work?

Shouldn't it be 2 days = 2 days? My friend Julia says it's because I typically do 1.5 days worth of work in 1 day. She may be right.

Where have I been, you ask? At the Anarchist Book Fair in San Francisco. I spent this past weekend selling the books I've published through my press, Medusa's Muse. The event was fabulous. Although I'm not an anarchist (nor do I claim to really understand what anarchy is), I enjoyed spending time with so many passionate, political, idealistic, hard working people of all ages. I sold enough books to cover the cost of the table, and then blew it all buying other people's books. I'll definitely be back next year. Go to my press blog, Medusa's Muse, to read more about the fair and my thoughts on Anarchy.

Saturday morning before the fair opened, my husband and I walked to a cafe on Haight Street for our morning coffee and found this mural:

That's me, offering my decaf-soy-latte to my muse, Medusa, to ask for success at the book fair. The mural is stunning and if you're able, go to Standley near Haight Street, right across from Cafe for the People, to see it.

Beyond the book fair, a lot has been happening around here, which I'll blog about later (hopefully). First, I have to catch up on that five days of work created from one weekend away, and then get ready for another conference, this one called Lit Fest where I'll be teaching a workshop on getting published.

Oh, and I'm still catching up on two seasons of Glee. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one of the busiest people! It has been so long since I have been in San Francisco - I was last there on a business trip back in 2001 or so. It is such a cool city!

Anonymous said...

This is so great - how you are spending your time just after finishing school! Now that's how I'd like to do business - pay for the cost of the table and spend the rest! Looks like your request was answered?

If you post anything on your next presentation I look forward to reading it! Barbara