Sunday, June 28, 2009

I feel like I'm on the Titanic and I've just realized there aren't enough life boats


The economy of California is a lot like the Titanic; it was big and beautiful and ahead of its time. Everybody wanted a ride and you felt very lucky to be one of her passengers, until the ship hit the iceberg.

California hit it 12 months ago, and we've been very slowly sinking into the depths of the black and icy sea. Those with resources get the life boats. Those without, the disabled and elderly, the poor and the people who depend on services, get a deck chair where they can listen to the band as they drown.

Am I taking this metaphor too far? I told you I feel like I'm on the Titanic. The worst part is that Queen Teen is on this damn ship too, and there's no way I'm going to let them steal all the life boats from her.

I don't know how to stop them, though.

State Could Run Out of Cash


How Golden State sank into budget morass

Governor's Last Stand: His Way, or IOU's

Califoria's budget cuts: deep to the bone

1 comment:

mommytoalot said...

good post, you are a fantastic writer.
we are hit here as well..