Monday, September 21, 2009

What the Hell happened to my House?

I can tell I'm feeling better because suddenly I can't stand my house. It is a WRECK!!!!!!!! Cobwebs in every corner; dust covering everything, including my sunglasses; the floor sticky with God knows what; the bathroom close to uninhabitable; and zombie flies crawling on the ground. I call them zombie flies because they are big and lumbering and really hard to kill.

It's enough to make this woman want to burn her house down and start over somewhere else, preferably Hawaii.

My husband does his best to keep things clean, but his definition of clean obviously differs from my own. And in all fairness, he's been slam busy with school, work and child care. Neither of us has had much time to be domestic, and I've been too tired to care. So while I've been resting and recovering from surgery, the house has slowly declined into chaos.

The other problem is that our house is very small, only about 1000 sq ft. Three humans and one dog live here. Two of those humans have hobbies and work that require room, especially my husband. Unfortunately, he doesn't have work space. His computer parts and other equipment take up the entire garage, the barn, 3/4 of the deck, the largest bedroom in the house, half of the kitchen table and part of the floor of the living room. He makes money, so I can't yell at him too much. Somehow this thought doesn't stop me from wanting to toss every piece of his "crap" out onto the street with a big "FREE" sign on it.

That's how I know I'm feeling better. Gone is the post-surgery haze and exhaustion. In its place is a scowling, clutter hating, dust defying, toss-it-if-you-haven't-used-it-in-six-months force of cleaning nature.

My poor family is trying to stay out of my way.

3 comments:

HeatherS said...

A summer of Samantha being in the hospital and I want to do the same thing!!!!

It think it would be easier to burn it all....let the little creepy crawlies fend for themselves.

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Terri said...

Glad to hear you are recovering... that does always mean work to do though...

Unknown said...

INVITE YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW! a.w.